Chiseled bookshelves were introduced in Minecraft in the 1.20 update. Although the concept of bookshelves did exist in the game prior to this, they were only for aesthetic reasons and nothing more. Neither can the player store books on these bookshelves nor could the player take some of them out of these shelves.
The only reason why these shelves exist was to boost up the enchanting table present in Minecraft. The case is much different now after the Minecraft 1.20 update. Players may now be able to store books too on these bookshelves and this could only be possible if you have an idea about how to construct them. The following guide will surely prove to be helpful in achieving all this.
More about Chiseled Bookshelf
Bookshelf is a very important aspect in the Minecraft 1.20 update, which allows users to store books in the shelves. All sorts of books could be placed on the shelves which may include the regular books, written ones or even the enchanted books. Keep in mind that a single bookshelf could hold up to 6 books at a time and you can easily count them from the screen. Also, there’s no specific indicator for locating these blocks and you will have to find them yourself in order to place books on them.
The items that you need to have prior to making a chiseled bookshelf in Minecraft are
- 3 wood slabs
- 6 wooden planks
- Crafting Table
Any type of wood can be used for this purpose and make sure that you convert the wooden blocks into planks prior to making a chiseled bookshelf.
Steps to make a Chiseled Bookshelf in Minecraft
Consider adopting the below mentioned steps in order to make a chiseled bookshelf in Minecraft
- To proceed with, begin to place the wooden slabs in the second row of the crafting table. Place 3 slabs in the 3 slots.
- After this, put the wooden planks in the first and the third row of the crafting table. Make sure that you place 6 wooden planks in the 6 slots of the table.
- Chiseled bookshelf will now appear as the finished product.
Usage of Chiseled Bookshelf in Minecraft
Using a Chiseled Bookshelf may be new for many users out there and the following guide is written to aid all of these people
- Place the bookshelf present in your inventory on some leveled surface.
- Then proceed to add books to this shelf. Doing so will require you to right click on the shelf.
- In case you desire to pick any book present on the shelf, you can easily opt for the secondary action key or right click on the chisels bookshelf. Before this, ensure that you are not already having a book in your hand.