How to Find and Conquer Nether Fortress in Minecraft?
Nether Fortress is an important structure in the game since there can be a lot of resources and loot hidden in it. With all of this, Nether may also be considered a very awful location, as you may encounter various hostile mobs and lava in there.
It is for this reason that you may not wish to explore the place and having a thorough knowledge of diving deep into this region is essential. The following guide deals with ways to find and conquer a Nether Fortress in Minecraft.
How to find a Nether Fortress in Minecraft?
The highest chances of finding these fortresses exist in the Nether biome and you will have to look in the Y levels of these regions. But before going on to find a Nether Fortress, make sure that you are fully prepared to go there. Some of the items which you may have before going there are:
- Bows and Arrows
- Armor ( Netherite, Iron, or Gold and at least 1 Gold Armor because it will prevent the Piglins from attacking.
- Respawn Anchor
Commands to find Nether Fortress in Minecraft
Natural hints may be a good way to find a Nether Fortress in Minecraft but commands let you achieve all of this a little faster. Using the ‘/locate’ option may help you to find these locations easily.
Alternatively, you can also search for Minecraft seeds in that location to look up for Nether fortresses or just explore around the Nether biome to find these. Consider following the below mentioned steps in order to use the commands to find Nether Fortress in Minecraft
- To proceed with, enable the Cheats option in Minecraft so that you may be able to use Commands. Doing so will require you to head towards the World Settings in the Bedrock Edition and after that, switch on the ‘Activate Cheats’ tab. In the Java Edition, you will have to access the LANs tab present in the pause menu.
- Next, you will have to make a Nether Portal in the game. Doing so may aid you to access the Nether dimension. Also, keep in mind that some of the commands in the game have different effects with varied dimensions. Same is the case with the Locate command.
- After you have reached the Nether, make sure you open the chat window and enter the given commands: /locate structure fortress (Minecraft 1.19+), /locate fortress (Minecraft 1.11 to 1.18).
- After you have entered these commands, you will then be able to reach the Nether fortress in the game.
- You can avail 2 options in order to reach the Nether Fortress. First, you can either teleport yourself to the particular location using these commands or just proceed to manually visit that location.
How to find Nether Fortress using Seeds?
Another essential method to find the Nether Fortress or any other structure in the game is Seed Analyzer, which may help you reach your destination in a much faster way. All you have to do is enter a particular Minecraft Seed and you can know the exact location of that particular region. In order to locate a Nether Fortress, consider following these steps:
- To proceed with, it is essential that you know the Seed code of that particular location that you intend to search. In case you are unaware of this, make sure you utilize the ‘/seed’ command option in order to know about your world’s seed code.
- After this, head over to the Chunkbase’s Seed Analyzer web page and there, input whatever seed code that you wish to find. You will also have to keep in mind the correct version and edition of the game that you are playing.
- Then, check for the Nether Dimension there. After you have searched for the seed, head towards the map of Nether. Many Nether Fortresses icons will appear, having a blazed face texture, and you can tap on any of them to look for the coordinates.
- You can now visit the location of that Nether Fortress using the seed.
How to find Nether Fortress manually?
Instead of using commands or seeds for Minecraft, you can also search for the Nether Fortress by analyzing the hints present in the game. First of all, keep in mind that the Nether Fortress may be present anywhere in the Nether biome of the game and the highest possibilities of their presence is near the lava ocean.
Nether location in Minecraft has 2 significant structures, one of them being the Nether Fortress and the other is a bastion. Avoiding the latter is something you really should do when finding Nether Fortresses.
Secondly, you can also make some changes in the render settings of the game to locate the Nether Fortress more easily. However, doing so may cause your game to crash or show lags which is why the players avoid this procedure.
As far as the mobs are concerned, Nether Fortresses usually have Wither Skeletons and Blazes around them and in case you found any of them, locating the Fortress may not be that difficult after that. Make sure that you have some Minecraft potions with you while you hop on the quest of finding a Nether Fortress, because there may be dangers around you too.
How To Conquer the Nether Fortress in Minecraft?
Although the Nether Fortress contains a lot of loot and stopping yourself from fulfilling this lust may be quite hard too, but it is essential that you follow the below mentioned steps in order to conquer a Nether Fortress in the game.
- First of all, it is necessary that you keep into account the danger around and to avoid any inconvenience, make sure that you kill all the Wither Skeletons spawning outside the Nether Fortress. Eradicating all of them alone can prove to be quite a difficult task so it is advised that you fight a single one at a time.
- To further prevent other mobs from entering the fortress, make sure that you put some light blocks outside. Also, place some of these blocks near a Blaze Spawner too, in case you have noticed some hints of its presence.
- Zombified piglins may also be found around the region but since they are neutral mobs, it is better that you stay away from them.
- Now, you can easily ward off all the hostile creatures and conquer the fortress to get as much loot from it as you want to.
What mobs are there inside the Nether Fortress?
Nether Fortress can prove to be quite fatal for many out there and we have already stated a warning notice for anyone trying to enter this location. So it is better that you analyze the whole scenario prior to entering the region. The mobs which may be present in this area include the Skeletons, Zombified Piglins, Wither Skeletons, Blaze and Magma Cube.
Skeletons have the largest group size with over 5 members in a single group and drop 2 bones, 2 arrows and some naturally spawned equipment on their death. Zombified piglins may be present 4 in a group and also drop various items on their death. These items may be rotten flesh, gold nugget, and any current weapon.
As far as the Wither Skeletons are concerned, they drop 0 to 2 bones, have a 8.5% chance of dropping a stone sword, a 33% chance of coal and there’s a 2.5% chance for dropping a wither skeleton skull. They range in a group of maximum 4 members. Fighting these mobs can prove to be really tough under certain scenarios and you will have to take some hints in order to know what’s around you. For example, blazes can be noticed because they shoot fire when you approach near them.
Benefits of conquering a Nether Fortress
Nether Fortress is full of loot which you can get easily. A number of different chests are present in the game, containing various items, which may prove to be helpful for you later on. There’s a 49% chance that you can find Gold Ingot in these chests.
Nether Wart can also be found in these fortresses which proves to be quite an essential item for brewing. You can also summon Wither by using the Wither Skeleton Skulls present or simply use them for decoration purposes. The blaze rods present in these chests will help you to craft various other items in the game.
Above all, conquering the Nether Fortress is a great way to analyze your skills and in-game strategy.