How To Fix Google Play Store Not Opening?
Whenever someone gets a new phone, Google Play Store is definitely the first place they head over to. Not only this, Play Store is required again and again whenever we wish to download any app or get an update for it. It is for this reason that it serves a very essential purpose and any error in it may hinder your work on the device.
Although the app is designed pretty well, errors like this which prevent it from opening still occur and there may be multiple causes behind this. If your Google Play Store is also not opening and you are unable to download anything from it, consider heading towards the below mentioned guide for solutions.
Ways to fix Google Play Store not opening
Consider adopting the below mentioned ways in order to fix Play Store not opening related issues:
Shut down Google Play Store
In case the app is showing continuous errors, force shut it down. You can do this by following these steps
- Long press the Google Play Store icon on your device.
- Then, click on the info option from the list of options appearing on the screen.
- Proceed to the Play Store info menu and then tap on Force Stop.
- The OS will close Google Play Store and then try opening it again.
Try restarting phone
If the Play Store is still not working properly try restarting your device. You will have to long press the power button in order to do so.
Clear the background cache by following these steps
- Tap on the info option by long pressing on Google Play Store.
- Then, select the Storage option.
- Opt for the Cache Menu and clear Cache from there.
Remove Background Apps
If any of the apps are operating in the background, make sure that you close them since it hinders the normal functioning of the Play Store.
Uninstall App Updates
Various app updates are released on Play Store and there is a chance that some bug fixing updates may be secretly harming Google Play Store. So it is better you try uninstalling these updates to check if the Play Store then opens or not. Follow these steps in order to do
- To proceed with, long press on the Google Play Store icon and opt for the info menu.
- From there, click on the three dots icon tap on Uninstall updates.
Disable Google Play store
After you have followed all of the above mentioned steps, the last option you are left with is disabling the Google PlayStore. Follow these steps in order to do so
- Proceed to launch the Google Play Store info menu.
- Then, opt for the disable option and close it on your device.
- After this, proceed to enable it again.