How to fix Google Play Store not updating apps?
Google Play Store is a go to for all the Android users out there and a minor issue may cause a lot of inconvenience for the users. Apps feature regular updates and in order to have them, users prefer Google Play Store so they can access those updates. However, under some circumstances, Google Play Store fails to update apps which can prove to be quite troublesome at times. Due to these reasons, users are unable to enjoy the features provided by recent updates.
Also, various bugs are fixed in these updates which is not possible due to the error occurring in the Play Store. Below are some of the ways which you can opt for in order to fix Play Store not updating apps issues.
Ways to fix Google Play Store
Consider adopting the methods given below in order to fix Play Store related bugs
Restarting your device
Before blaming the problem on the Play Store, make sure that the issue isn’t with your device. Restart your device and then head towards the Play Store and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Check your Internet Connection
After you have restarted your device, it’s high time that you proceed to check your internet connection. Make sure that your connection is strong enough as the Play Store does not update apps with a weak connection.
There’s an Auto-Update setting on Google Play Store which may have been turned off under certain scenarios. Make sure that you check that and turn it on if it isn’t before. Following steps will aid you to do so:
- Proceed to open Google Play Store on your device.
- Then, click on the Google account option appearing at the top right corner of the screen.
- From there, opt for the settings option.
- Further tap on Auto- Update settings and choose ‘Update over any network’.
Your Phone Storage may be full
There is also a possibility that your phone’s storage may be full and for that reason the apps may not be able to update. So it is essential that you check your device’s storage prior to updating the apps. Head over to the Settings and then Storage to check it.
Do not Impose any Restrictions on the app
In order for the app to work smoothly, it is essential that it is working hindrance free. For that reason, turn off the battery optimization settings for Google Play store by adopting the steps mentioned
- Head over to the Settings option.
- Then, click on Apps and switch on ‘Show System Apps’.
- After this, proceed to Google Play Store.
- From here, select the battery option and tap on Optimize Battery Usage.
- In case the option is switched on, make sure you disable it.
Reinstall the App
The last option you are left with is to uninstall Google PlayStore updates and then reinstall it. To do this,
- Open the Apps option in Settings.
- Go to Google Play Store option.
- Then, click on the three vertical dots option and tap on uninstall updates.
- Reinstall it by going to Settings and About and then tapping on Play Store Version.