How To Make a Redstone Comparator in Minecraft?
Redstone is not that much of a harmful substance as players deem it to be however, it can prove to be quite complex to use at first. It is for this reason that you must know how to use it as it will prove to be helpful in creating a number of different items in the game later on.
I will be telling the steps involved in making a Redstone Comparator, and although it sounds arduous at first, it is a pretty simple task. This item was added to the game after the Minecraft 1.5 update along with many others like cobwebs, nether bricks, and hoppers.
As far as the usage of a Redstone Comparator is concerned, it is used for measuring, comparing, and maintaining the level of containers. It can also be used to subtract signal strength.
The item can be found available on PS3 and PS4 PlayStation Editions, for Java Editions, you can avail this feature on Windows, Linux PC’s and Mac platforms, for Education Edition, iOS 12, Mac, and Windows 10 PC’s support this item and for the Bedrock Edition, you can find this feature on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10 PC, Fire OS, iOS, and other Android platforms. Consider reading the below mentioned guide in order to know more about the Redstone Comparator.
Materials required to make a Redstone Comparator
Following are the ingredients required to make a Redstone Comparator in Minecraft
- 3 Stones
- 3 Redstone Torches
- 1 Nether Quartz
It can be noticed that the presence of a Nether Quartz is essential for making a Redstone Comparator in the game, which you can’t find until you dare to step into the Nether biome at least one. Also, these Redstone Comparators can be found naturally spawning in the ancient cities.
Steps involved to make a Redstone Comparator in Minecraft
Consider following the below mentioned steps in order to make a Redstone Comparator in Minecraft
- To proceed with, head over towards the crafting menu to begin making a Redstone Comparator.
- From there, you will then have to open the crafting table and you will witness a grid like structure appearing on your screen.
- Now, it’s high time that you consider adding all the ingredients in this crafting table. You will have to place 3 stones, 3 Redstone torches, and 1 nether quartz into this crafting menu.
- You must proceed to add the items in such a manner that the 1st Redstone torch must be seen present in the second grid of the first row. The 2nd Redstone torch must be placed in the first grid of the second row and the 3rd Redstone Torch must be placed in the third grid of the second row.
- Now, place the Nether Quartz in the middle of the second and third Redstone Torches I.e in the second grid of the second row.
- After this, you will have to place the 3 stones in the 3 grids of the last row and you are ready to go.
- When you have placed all of these items correctly, you will witness a Redstone Comparator appearing next to it in the Crafting Table.
- Your task would then be to move this Redstone Comparator into the Inventory so that you can utilize it whenever you want to.
More about Redstone Comparator
Redstone Comparator is a very useful item in Minecraft and can be either found present in the game or you will have to proceed to make it yourself. As far as the natural generation of this item is concerned, you can find it present in the Ancient Cities and to make it manually, the above mentioned steps will prove to be quite helpful. You can easily break this item using any tool present in the game or doing it by hand is also possible.
There are several reasons why a Redstone Comparator gets removed with the key being; water rushing into it, if a block attached to it is removed in some way or if a piston pushes the comparator. Also, if lava slides into the space between the comparator, it is destroyed immediately.
Uses of Redstone Comparator
A Redstone Comparator is used for a number of different purposes in the game. You can place these on fences and walls in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition and can also position them above any opaque blocks in the game.
Furthermore, Redstone Comparators will also prove to be helpful in taking the signal strength. It will always point away from the player as it contains two sides, the front and the back and the back torch will be immediately lit on as soon as the output of the tool is more than 0. These comparators can also be used to compare the signal strength of its own two sides with its rear input side.
Redstone Comparator Vs Repeater
Although apparently, both of these items look quite similar in the game, they are pretty different. Also, the ingredients required and the method of crafting is almost the same except the fact that the former involves a Nether Quartz. Both of these items do allow the current to pass through them and in one direction i.e. the current flows from the back to the front side and in a unidirectional way.
However, the difference between both of these is that the repeater amplifies the signals passing through it, which is why they are delayed too sometimes. No such case is with comparators, which only compare the current.