What is Nether Wart in Minecraft?
Nether Wart is a special kind of plant in the game which will only be found thriving in the Nether. Unlike other plants which can grow almost anywhere, Nether Wart requires only Soul Sand to flourish and this is what makes them different from others in the game. After the plant has completed its developmental stage and transformed into an adult, you can reap it to get 2 to 4 Nether Warts.
Keep in mind that although this plant can be planted anywhere, it will not flourish until it finds the suitable conditions to grow; i.e. Soul Sand. Whenever a player jumps on any plant, the height of that particular plant is affected by it but Nether Wart takes no effect of such an action.
Location of Nether Wart
Consider following the below mentioned steps in order to find the exact location of Nether Wart in the game
- To proceed with, try to create a Nether Portal in the game.
- Then, travel to the Nether dimension with this portal.
- After you have done this, proceed to search for a Nether Fortress or a Piglin Remnant. In case you are facing difficulty in finding these blocks, you can also search for them using the commands.
- After accessing the Nether Fortress, head towards the staircase because there are highest chances of finding the Nether Warts there.
- If you reach the Piglin Remnants, search for lengthy hollow courtyards there.
- There are high chances that you will find Nether Warts in the above mentioned locations. In case, if you do not find them anywhere, you can look for them in the chests.
Here’s a video for your ease:
Uses of Nether Wart in Minecraft
Nether Wart in Minecraft has a number of uses such as:
- Nether Warts can be used to brew the Awkward Potion in the game, and not only this, these can be used for brewing any sort of potions in the game.
- Trading is a very essential aspect in the game which can be used to get various essential items for you. One of the rarest and the hardest to find items in the game are Emeralds. It is for this reason that most players prefer trading it rather than actually going on to find it. So you can trade these Nether Warts with villagers in exchange for Emeralds. You will require 22 Nether Warts for a single emerald.
- Nether Warts can also be used to craft Nether Blocks which can further be utilized to make Nether Bricks, used for aesthetic purposes in the game.
What does Nether Wart grow on?
Nether Wart grows on Soul Sand and can be found present in the Nether. The growth of Nether Wart can be subdivided into 4 different stages with the height of the plant remaining the same within the second and the third growth phase. In the fourth and the final phase of growth, the Nether Wart can be harvested and used for whatever purpose it is required for.
A single plant upon harvest yields up to two to three Nether Warts. The very key question here arises as to whether the plant can grow in the normal Minecraft world or not. The answer is simply No. Although Nether Wart can be planted in the normal Minecraft world it only needs Soul Sand to grow and thrive.
Another essential aspect about Nether Wart that needs consideration is that its growth is not hindered by a player jumping on it and neither is it affected by Bone Meal.
Nether Wart is a plant that only flourishes in Soul Sand in Minecraft and can be used for crafting purposes and for making potions in the game. Got what you were looking for? Check out for more in our blog.